Football Dec 07, 2025

Fulham transfers, latest news, rumours and gossip: Live updates, goals and highlights

👤
By Admin
Sports Journalist
Fulham transfers, latest news, rumours and gossip: Live updates, goals and highlights

Salah's bombshell interview plunges Liverpool future into doubt

In an explosive interview, Mohamed Salah has plunged his Liverpool future into doubt and suggested next Saturday's game against Brighton could be his last for the club.

The Liverpool star claimed after Saturday's 3-3 draw at Leeds that "the club has thrown me under the bus", adding his relationship with Arne Slot had broken down and that "someone doesn't want me in the club".

Salah told journalists he was in disbelief he had been left on the bench for the third game running and Slot did not see fit to bring him on at Elland Road as the champions twice blew a lead.

"I have done so much for this club down the years and especially last season," said Salah, who signed a new deal at Anfield at the end of last season. "Now I'm sitting on the bench and I don't know why.

"It seems like the club has thrown me under the bus. That is how I am feeling. I think it is very clear that someone wanted me to get all of the blame.

"I got a lot of promises in the summer and so far I am in the bench for three games so I can't say they keep the promise.

"I said many times before that I had a good relationship with the manager and all of a sudden, we don't have any relationship. I don't know why, but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club."

'Perfect fit' Guehi must be a January target for Liverpool, says Redknapp

Liverpool should target Crystal Palace's Marc Guehi in the January transfer window to address their defensive problems, says Jamie Redknapp.

The Reds conceded three at Leeds, with Ibrahima Konate giving away a penalty which allowed the hosts at Elland Road to begin their comeback from 2-0 down, before poor set-piece defending saw Leeds take it from 3-2 to 3-3 in injury time. 

On Liverpool's defence, former captain Redknapp told SportNews: "Right now, it would probably do Konate a favour to take him out of the firing line a little bit. 

"But they haven't really got those options. You've got to manage, Conor Bradley's minutes, Joe Gomez has had so many injuries you have to be careful there with his knee. 

"The ideal one would be to get Guehi in January. He's out of contract in the summer so I'm sure Crystal Palace will be looking at that as their only opportunity to get some money out of that situation. 

"He would be a perfect fit for Liverpool. That's exactly what they need to play alongside Virgil van Dijk. Then you can mix it up and play a back three if you wanted to do that. 

"They need to get another centre-back in." 

Farke: I'm not fighting for my job at Leeds

In an exclusive interview with SportNews, Daniel Farke responds to speculation around his future...

WATCH: Rhl thinking about Rangers' January signings

Rangers boss Danny Rohl is hoping to be active in the winter window, with his side well off the pace in the Scottish Premiership, nine points behind joint-leaders Hearts and Celtic.

Isak: I've not been at 100 per cent for Liverpool yet

Alexander Isak says he "expects more from himself" after a difficult start to life at Liverpool. 

The forward, signed for 125m three months ago, has only managed one goal in seven Premier League games, and none in Champions League competition. 

Semenyo ready for 'next step', says Ghana head coach

Ghana head coach Otto Addo has said that Antoine Semenyo is ready to take the next step in his club career and that a transfer away from Bournemouth is 'natural' for him, according to The Athletic.

He has done very well at Bournemouth, but with all the respect for Bournemouth and what theyre doing, surely it is natural for him to take the next step, said Addo.

Whether its in the winter or summer, it is a difference question but it wont make a difference for us. Im looking forward to him showing more of what he can to the world.

Semenyo has a 65m release clause, which is only active until a specific date in the January window. 

SportNews News recently reported that Tottenham were stepping up their interest in the forward, with Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal also monitoring his situation. 

Slot aware of Elliott's lack of game time at Villa but not in regular contact

Liverpool boss Arne Slot says he is aware of Harvey Elliott's lack of game time at Aston Villa but hasn't been in regular contact with the midfielder. 

Elliott is on loan at Villa Park from Liverpool but has only played 97 minutes in the Premier League this season. 

Asked about Elliott's frustrating first few months in the Midlands, Slot said: "I haven't had contact with him a lot. Only once or twice and that was before he played Feyenoord away and after. 

"I am aware of his situation, of course. I think I know how he feels but you should ask those questions at Villa about his playing time."

Slot says Salah still in his plans amid reports Saudi clubs poised to move

Liverpool boss Arne Slot says Mohamed Salah is still in his plans, amid reports Saudi Pro League clubs are in position to move for the forward, should he want to leave Anfield. 

On Friday morning, The Telegraph reported Saudi clubs are poised to fund a deal for Salah, after he was left out of the starting line-up for Liverpool's last two games. 

His absence from the win at West Ham and sub role in the draw with Sunderland left pundits questioning whether Salah could leave in January. 

However, Reds boss Slot said in a press conference on Friday that Salah remains in his thoughts to start against Leeds on Saturday. 

"Every player is in my mind to start because we have so many good players," said Slot. "Mo has been an exceptional player for us. He is always in my mind to start or come in.

"He's been so influential for this club and for me and for his team-mates for six or seven years. It's normal that if I don't play players who just came to the club we talk about it, so it's completely normal that people talk about it when he isn't playing."

Brighton eye Villa's Bogarde as Baleba replacement

Brighton are monitoring Aston Villa midfielder Lamare Bogarde as they assess a succession plan for 100m-rated Carlos Baleba, say The Telegraph

Chelsea closing on deal for youngster wanted by Man City, Man Utd

Chelsea are working on a deal for highly-rated Burkina Faso youngster Mohamed Zongo ahead of competition from Manchester City and Manchester United, according to the Daily Mail.

Tags:

football live-blog id:13279313

Share this article

Related Posts

Premier League predictions and best bets: Title race tremor! Tottenham to rock Arsenal in north London derby

Premier League predictions and best bets: Title race tremor! Tottenham to rock Arsenal in north London derby

Our football betting expert Jones Knows provides his insight across the weekend card of Premier League fixtures.Leeds on the double chance at Evens wi...

Paul Merson slams 'slow and lazy' Arsenal after Wolves draw and expects 'bottle jobs' talk to ramp up

Paul Merson slams 'slow and lazy' Arsenal after Wolves draw and expects 'bottle jobs' talk to ramp up

Paul Merson says Arsenal were punished for playing in "second gear" and feels they will face accusations of being "bottle jobs" after they threw away...

Bukayo Saka contract: Arsenal winger signs new four-year deal to keep him at club until 2030

Bukayo Saka contract: Arsenal winger signs new four-year deal to keep him at club until 2030

Bukayo Saka has backed Arsenal to "get over the line" and win trophies again after signing a new four-year contract that makes him the Gunners' best-p...

Liam Rosenior: Chelsea boss says there is no place in football for anyone found guilty of racism

Liam Rosenior: Chelsea boss says there is no place in football for anyone found guilty of racism

Chelsea head coach Liam Rosenior said anyone in football who is found guilty of racism “should not be in the game.”On Tuesday, Real Madrid forward Vin...

John Souttar: Rangers defender signs new Ibrox deal until May 2027 with club-held option of further 12 months

John Souttar: Rangers defender signs new Ibrox deal until May 2027 with club-held option of further 12 months

Defender John Souttar has signed a new deal with Rangers.The 29-year-old, who was out of contract in the summer, has put pen to paper on a deal until...

Vinicius Junior: Gianluca Prestianni set to be available for Benfica's Champions League game at Real Madrid despite racism allegation

Vinicius Junior: Gianluca Prestianni set to be available for Benfica's Champions League game at Real Madrid despite racism allegation

Gianluca Prestianni is likely to be available to face Real Madrid on Wednesday, one week after Vinicius Junior accused him of racist abuse.The Benfica...